Our Mission Statement: To improve wellbeing in young people through working with horses and on the land.
Horses In Mind is a not-for-profit community-based organisation. Currently, more than 200 individuals visit our paddock each month; including clients, families, staff and volunteers, and community visitors.
Join us for a taste of rural life, just 10 km from the Brisbane CBD.
Horses In Mind provides:
- Affordable and inclusive access to horse oriented activities, in order to promote the physical, emotional and social wellbeing of young people of all ages and abilities. This includes a program of health focused (equine assisted learning, farm therapy) and skill-based (riding and horsemanship) activities.
- Supervised volunteer and peer mentoring programs, particularly for young people, to share skills and participate in meaningful activity, working on the land and with animals.
- Deliver prevention and early intervention mental health services to young people
- Provide an inclusive solution to engaging with at-risk young people, through working with horses and on the land
- Offer work-readiness and peer mentoring programs
- Create opportunities for marginalised people to get active, feel valued, and share in a sense of community