Our Mission Statement: To improve wellbeing in young people through working with horses and on the land.
Horses In Mind is a not-for-profit community-based organisation. Currently, more than 200 individuals visit our paddock each month; including clients, families, staff and volunteers, and community visitors.
Join us for a taste of rural life, just 10 km from the Brisbane CBD.
Horses In Mind provides:
- Affordable and inclusive access to horse oriented activities, in order to promote the physical, emotional and social wellbeing of young people of all ages and abilities. This includes a program of health focused (horse assisted learning, equine therapy) and skill-based (riding and horsemanship) activities.
- Supervised volunteer and peer mentoring programs, particularly for young people, to share skills and participate in meaningful activity, working on the land and with animals.
- to instil in people a love and respect for horses;
- to promote a holistic approach to education about horses and horsemanship
- to provide horse oriented activities for the purpose of contributing positively to the cognitive, physical, emotional and social well-being of people of all ages and abilities.
Horses In Mind owes our success to the ongoing support from our volunteers, families and the greater community. Thanks to you, we have been able to grow from humble beginnings to become the busy organisation we are today.
Being a not-for-profit incorporated association, Horses In Mind Inc. is registered with the Office of Fair Trading and must comply with both the Associations Incorporation Act 1981 and Associations Incorporation Regulation 1999.
Horses In Mind has a set of Model Rules which stipulate our governance framework and outline the requirements for a Management Committee.
We welcome public involvement and encourage feedback via firstname.lastname@example.org